"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." (Phil. 4:6)

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Once upon a time...(still under construction)

Let us begin by going back to the wonderful day I peed on that stick, May 3rd, 2009.   Yep, it was positive (all 3 times) and we were ecstatic!!!  For those who don't know us well, by this point we had already been blessed with a son...Dylan Kade (10), a daughter...Emily Klaire (4) and also had a first-trimester miscarriage in February 2008 & now, after 14 months of "trying"...the good Lord had blessed us once again.

And so our new journey began.  The new pregnancy started out very rocky & worrisome from the get go.  I sought comfort in my OB/GYN (Dr.Elias), one of my best friends (Laurie), & several of my family members and co-workers.  My HCG levels were drawn quite frequently showing several inconsistencies from the "norm" & our early ultrasounds showed only a single empty gestational sac, grant it we had our first ultrasound at a mere 5 & 1/2 weeks, lol!

As the days went by and the worries grew, my HCG levels continued to increase fairly abnormally without any signs of fetal development within the one low-lying gestational sac.  At this point my OB/GYN began to warn me of other possible outcomes noting the possibilities of a blighted ovum or an ectopic pregnancy.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment