"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." (Phil. 4:6)

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Such a sweet thought

Upon entering the NICU today I was greeted by one of the nurses who immediately directed me towards Khloe's isollette saying "they got you something mommy".  There on the bedside table next to Khloe, (much to my surprise) sat a little sprinkled birthday cake and an envelope that said "Mommy".  I couldn't help it...I grinned from ear to ear as my eyes welt up with tears trying to open the card & this is what it read:

Hooray for mothers!
All mothers are known for their wonderful deeds,
for patiently, lovingly meeting our needs.
They help solve our problems with wisdom and tact
or a kindhearted, generous, unselfish act.
They're making the world a happier place
and doing it all with compassion and grace.
But one of these mothers stands above all the rest-
Who's the coolest?  The awsomest?
My mother - THE BEST!

Happy Birthday (and thanks for all you do!)
We Love You!
Karsyn & Khloe




Now, if that don't just bring tears to your eyes...eh?  How sweet & thoughtful of the staff to do something like this for "me".  I just can't say enough...how grateful I am to have so many kind, supportive people backing us up every step of the way.  

On to the babies...They both seem to be having a pretty good day so far.  Karsyn's liter flow is at 1&1/2 L/min. & his FiO2 has been ranging b/t 38-45%.   He weighed 2#13oz. last night.  Way to go Karsyn!!!  He is slowly, but surely starting to gain & that his been extremely evident this past week.  We laughed so hard yesterday as I turned him onto his side & realized that he now has cleavage, lol.  Sha my lil man!  Daddy & I also got to bathe him in his lil wash basin.  He really seemed to have enjoyed it, as he just sat in the warm water and stared up at us the entire time. 

Khloe's liter flow today is still at 2 L/min. with herFiO2 b/t 35-42%.  Last nights weight for her was 3#11oz., up a whopping 60 grams (2oz.'s) from the previous night...Wow!!!  Good job mommy (pat on the back)...eatin' all that Raisin' Canes IS paying off, lol!  All jokes aside I'm extremely happy about their weight gain, as I definitely didn't want to have to start with the recently "threatened" formula supplementation.  So, keep up the good work kiddos...were so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment